As the global mindset shifts towards a more sustainable future, resorts in Thailand are also taking initiatives in this direction. These efforts are accelerating positive change in the tourism industry. Here are some initiatives that resorts are taking to show that luxury and sustainability can go hand-in-hand.
- Tongsai Bay: Effective microorganism (EM) from fruits that are produced by the resort are used as natural cleaning agents for rooms.
- Six Senses Yao Noi: Implements a no bleach policy.
- Sampran Riverside: Hosts a weekend organic farming and holistic health community market.
- Soneva Kiri: The Coral garden is looked after by the resort to safeguard Koh Kood’s biodiversity.
- Soneva Kiri and Bangkok Treehouse: Empowering the local community by hiring locals and providing top-of-the-line training for the staff.
- Bangkok Treehouse: River clean-up.
- Soneva Kiri: Materials used to construct the resort are natural and from sustainable sources.
- Six Senses Yao Noi: Utilises surrounding nature & natural resources to educate guests.
- Bangkok Treehouse: Energy from renewable sources.
- Tongsai Bay: No trees were cut during the resort’s construction.
- Bangkok Treehouse: Carbon free cooking.
- Sampran Riverside, Soneva Kiri, and Six Senses Yao Noi: Organic farm onsite .