Every year on March 8, we celebrate women. This year’s International Women’s Day (IWD) theme is “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change” with the hashtag #BalanceforBetter.
Here are some ways in which you can celebrate women’s achievements, raise awareness against gender bias, and take action for equality.
- Become a partner of the International Women’s Day 2019 Flagship Event by filling out their submission form.
- Share a group picture through your social media accounts with a selfie card and a “hands out” pose. Be sure to use the hashtag #BalanceforBetter.
- Join the “Women Speakers Register” as diverse groups worldwide are looking to find empowering speakers to increase female visibility and participation.
- Download “Lean In’s” presentations to educate, encourage and commit.
- Find ways to #BalanceforBetter and share your success.
- Share stories of prosperous women in the industry or far beyond within your team and your social media accounts.
- Make sure to involve men in this initiative- we are talking about equality after all!
“Women share this planet 50/50 and they are underrepresented- their potential astonishingly untapped.”- Emma Watson