Wondering how to deal with all that decorations and waste from gift giving after the holiday season? Here are 5 handy tips for your post-holiday waste:
#1: Christmas Trees
Don’t throw away your Christmas trees when the holiday is over. Real Christmas trees are biodegradable, which means they can be easily reused or recycled for mulch and other purposes. Learn how to recycle your Christmas tree and give it a second life.
#2: LED Lights
If your lights still work after the holiday season, reuse them for as long as possible. When they can no longer be used, take the time to help the environment and have them turned in for recycling. Check out where and how to recycle your old lights.
Don’t just toss wrapping paper, boxes, ribbons, bows, or other gift wrap accessories that are in good shape. You can preserve recycle wrapping paper of all kinds by unwrapping your gifts carefully and save wrapping for crafts as well as future celebrations or holidays. Here are 19 ways to repurpose gift wrap, plus another 30 fun ways to reuse leftover gift wrap.
Wondering what to do with all the holiday cards after the holidays are long gone? It’s time to get crafty – check out these websites for more ideas on recycling and reuse your used holiday cards:
- What To Do With Used Christmas Cards
- 10 Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Cards
- Recycled Christmas Card Crafts
Are your gifts not quite your taste? Here’s what you can do with unwanted gifts after the holiday.
- Donate it – Check out Amazon’s ‘Give Back Box’ to donate items you no longer need to Goodwill.
- Regift them – Save those gifts to give to other people in the future.
- Sell it – Make money from your unwanted gift to buy something that you really like. Here are the best sites to sell your unwanted gift. Also, learn more on how to sell on eBay.
Let’s us make an effort to be ‘zero-waste’ in time for New Year’s, and beyond!