Image Source: plasticfreejuly.org
Plastic is used daily, in the form of bags, bottles, packaging and many more. Sometimes we use plastic for only a brief moment to carry our groceries home or to drink a cup of coffee, but it can take up to 1000 years to decompose. Plastic is destructive for the environment, it lowers the fertility of our soils and is harmful for wildlife. More plastic has been produced in the first ten years of this century than its predecessor. So try to start reducing plastic waste by reusing daily plastic items and recycling.
Here are 8 ways to reduce plastic waste:
- Purchase your own reusable bag
- Don’t use straws
- Buy boxes instead of bottles for laundry detergent for example
- Use Reusable containers to pack your food
- Purchase your reusable bottle
- Make your own juices, healthier and no packaging
- Talk to others on how they can reduce plastic waste
- If you own a store, offer a discount to those with reusable bags or put a price on plastic bags to remind everyone that these are bad for the environment
Take action and join the Plastic Free July Challenge now; a challenge accessible to everyone to educate us on how to reduce plastic waste.